Update!

Well unfortunately Jaelyn is still breech! At my 37 week dr appt yesterday, my dr did another ultrasound to confirm her position and that little stinker didn't move at all! Stubborn girl I tell ya!

So the rest of the appt went well. I lost a pound, which is nothing to worry about. I weigh in at 146lbs so I've gained exactly 30lbs thus far. Which is right in the range I'm supposed to gain, so I'm glad about that. My blood pressure was good. Jaelyns heartbeat was healthy and strong. 

So then it was time to discuss options. My dr left the choice to me whether or not to schedule a consultation with a surgeon at Good Sam for an External Cephalic Version (ECV), or to just go ahead and schedule a C-section. Although I'm not opposed to a C-Section, I made the decision to try  the ECV,  seeing as though that would be my only hope of having a regular vaginal birth at this point. I've heard there is only a 65% success rate and my dr told me that in my case my odds were around 50% success, but I figure it's worth a try at least. And if it doesn't work, well then it doesn't  work and I will be having a scheduled C-section here in less than 2 weeks! Craziness! I go in later this morning for my consultation so I'll update you all on how that goes and when the ECV will actually be taking place. If any of you are interested in know what an ECV is and what it entails, this link is great and gives you all the details! Breech Babies

Here I am at 37 weeks pregnant!

Comments

Popular Posts