Surprise, Surprise!

Baby Jaelyn has arrived!!

Born 9-10-11! (How cool of a birthday is that?? I love it! :)

@ 5:04pm. Weight: 6 lbs 9 oz  Height: 19.5 in

So the story... I'm sure everyone is dying to know... What happened???

Well that morning everything was going as normal... I got up to go to the hospital so that they could try to do the external cephalic version. Well they tried! They had moved Jaelyn about 90 degrees when all the sudden her heart rate dropped from 155 to 50!! It was seriously the worst sound ever! It definitely made me a little scared. Well the dr decided that it was not worth the risk to try again and kept me at the hospital for another 20 minutes to make sure everything with Jaelyn was fine. Everything looked good so they discharged me! :)

Well as I got up to go change back into civilian clothes, I noticed I was having some vaginal bleeding and immediately sent my husband to go find the nurse. The nurse came back and told me to put my hospital robes back on while she went and contacted the dr. Well the dr came back and concluded that he couldn't find the cause of the bleeding and that everything looked fine. He said he wanted to keep me at the hospital an hour longer to see if the bleeding stopped or continued. After that hour the bleeding had stopped so they discharged me again!

This time I made it out the door with no blood! :) 

Well since it was clear Jaelyn was stubborn and would not move, we decided we would just go ahead and schedule a c-section at my next appt. the following Tuesday. Then we went to Red Robin for lunch, since I wasn't allowed to eat anything since the night before. Then we ran to Costco to pick up a few things. When we got home, Kevin started to unload the things from Costco and I went to the bathroom. And what do you know?? I'm bleeding again!

At this point I'm thinking you've got to be kidding me! We just got home! So I called up the hospital and told them the situation and they said to come right back! Not know what to expect when I went back, I told Kevin we'd better grab our bags just in case and head to the hospital. 

We arrived at the hospital around 3:45pm and they immediately sent me to a room. A different room I might add that had a door that said, "To Surgery."
I should have got the hint then, but didn't! So they made me get back in a hospital robe and hooked me up to an IV and then the anesthesiologist came in and was telling me about a spinal shot they were gonna give me... at this point I said, "Um... What? What's going on?" The anesthesiologist said, "You're gonna have this baby!"

Holy Crap! Was not expecting to hear that!

Umm.. okay then I thought! So I quickly had Kevin send our Mom's a text to let them know that news! (We figured we only had to tell our Mom's since they would spread the news like wildfire!) 

@ 4:45pm I was in the surgery room being prepped for the c-section. I was given the spinal shot and it took forever to kick in or so it seemed, I may have been a little anxious! The c-section was not a pleasant experience... turns out I was only numb from about the belly button down... and Jaelyn's little head was stuck in my rib cage... and it took then about 10 minutes to get her out... and when I told the anesthesiologist that I could feel pain she didn't believe me and told me I was just feeling PRESSURE! Ya cause she knows!! NOT! I was definitely feeling pain, it felt like my stomach was on fire! I was in so much pain in fact that I felt like I was going to either pass out or vomit! When I told her that, she gave me some nausea medicine in my IV. How nice of her to believe that! Well once they got Jaelyn out, it was still quite painful and uncomfortable while they vacuumed me out and shoved all my organs back in! (Not sure if that's what they really did... but that's what it felt like) Finally Kevin brought Jaelyn over to me and I could see her beautiful face and thought, "I'd totally do this all over again." So weird seeing as though I was still in so much pain! The same anesthesiologist told me to hold her and I snapped and told her I would hold her later seeing as though I'm still in a considerable amount of PAIN!

Well here she is! Jaelyn Yvaine Lidtka


First Family Photo



Well the rest of the weekend is really a blur... family and friends came to visit us all in the hospital and Kevin and I just enjoyed our new little girl and anxiously awaited being able to go home! I was so sick of the hospital nagging me about breast feeding! Jaelyn had a hard time breast feeding and as a result did not eat much in a 24 hour period and they REFUSED to give me formula for her! It was unreal! Finally I  got an awesome nurse and she stocked us up on formula, with enough to bring some home! :) 
Finally Monday morning we were able to go home!



Her first time sleeping in her crib.


Being a wiggle wart while Mommy tries to change her diaper


Trying to get her to burp


Smiles :)


And more pictures just because! :)



Well that's the update... sorry it took a while to post... I've been a little sleep deprived and busy! Laterz!

Comments

  1. So cute!!! Glad I got to meet her already! I'm happy everything went ok (besides the stupid anesthesiologist) and that she is here and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Christie you crack me up!! I love reading your blogs! Jaelyn is adorable and I think you have made me really decide that I don't EVER want a c-section! I'm glad everything turned out okay though!! Can't wait to see you guys, we might be coming to Kent in December for Christmas!! Has the nursing gotten any better?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts