Changes...

Well Kevin and I have been making some BIG changes in our lives in preparation for little baby Jaelyn. We've been discussing ways to make it possible for me to be a stay-at-home mom. And let me just tell you, in this economy and with the way life is nowadays... this is not an easy challenge!  

Kevin and I each have our own personal debts and we share the mortgage debt. My personal debt was about $20,000. All of which has been acquired in the last year and a half, since we've been in our house. Some of the debt I would consider justified... shortly after we moved into our house ALL of our kitchen appliances went out! So there goes $5000 for a new dishwasher, stove, microwave and fridge/freezer. Also when we moved in we needed couches and a kitchen table, so there goes $3500 for that! The not so justifiable debt is my jeep... $8500 and the dirt bike I bought Kevin $3000 in exchange for starting our family. So in the last year and a half I've been able to pay off about $5000 of that debt, still leaving me with    $15,000. :( Not good! So I made the choice to sell my jeep! And to be honest this wasn't as hard of a decision as I thought it would be. It just felt like the right thing to do. I wasn't sad about it at all, which is weird because I absolutely LOVE my jeep! 

So last Saturday, Kevin put my jeep up on craigslist for $8500, and Tuesday night we sold it! I was able to get $8000! So I was very happy about that! 


So right after I got the cash, Kevin and I went straight to the bank to deposit it! And then as soon as I got home I paid off some debt! That was such a nice feeling!!! There goes $8000 bucks in debt. Now I only have $7000 in debt, which is WAY more reasonable and manageable to pay off! 

So long jeep... you'll be missed! :(

So for the time being, I'm driving Kevin's jeep to work. And being just about 8 months pregnant... it's not easy to haul my prego body into that lifted thing! But I'm getting used to it. 

In addition to selling the jeep, Kevin put his dirt bike on craigslist. We are hoping to get around $3000 for it. With that money Kevin said he'll pick me up an economical 4 door car. Who knows what kind... He'll have to figure that out. 

As for being able to be a stay-at-home mom? Well it's not a reality yet... but we are getting one step closer to that goal. If I'm not able to stay at home with Jaelyn, we'll keep trying so that someday I can stay home to raise our family! Laterz!



Comments

  1. That is awesome!! I love the feeling of putting large chunks of money towards paying off debt!!! As for the stay at home part, you really should look into doing Melaleuca. I'm serious. I'm starting to do it and it really has the potential to make you some good money.

    It's the perfect solution for stay at home moms and also to help pay off debts. All it is is referring people to switch their spending to Melaleuca and buy all the same products they normally buy at the store. But Melaleuca's products are cheaper and A LOT better than store brand products. A big plus for me with having kids is that all their cleaning products are safe enough to not require safety caps on their stuff. They all use natural ingredients making them healthier and safer to use. It really is a great program, Melaleuca isn't an Multi-Level Marketing company, it's not a pyramid scheme it's purely based on referring people to the company and getting a commission every time they buy (which is monthly). My check last month, with only having Kelsey signed up under me was $15.30, not much but it's a start!

    Anyways, let me know if you would at least be interested in watching the presentation or learning more about what it is. I think you would be really good at it!!! Good luck with everything else and I can't wait for you to have your baby...you're so cute pregnant!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts