My not so LITTLE project

So yesterday I decided that I really wanted Kevin to build me a raised flower bed in front of our porch. And I was thinking that this would only take about an hour or two... ummm ya, NO! This was really an all day project. However it turned out awesome!  So here are some pictures from start to finish. 




So here is the start... We had to dig down pretty far to get all the nasty beauty bark out.


Here is all of our cinder blocks lined up. We bought 56 of them at Home Depot and at $1.37 each. It cost us about $75 bucks. We only ended up using like 45, but oh well. 


While Kevin was laying down the first layer of blocks and making sure they were absolutely straight with a level and everything... I decided to run to Fred Meyer to take advantage of their flower sale. I ended up getting 9, 6 planter containers of pansies and 6, 6 planter containers of begonias. Don't they look beautiful! This cost me about $50 dollars. 


After Kevin did the first layer of blocks, he laid down some weed block. There he is looking all handsome! :)


After the weed block went in, it was really quick to do the next two layers of blocks. We made a stop down the street and filled up the back of our truck with 1 yard of top soil. Only $15!!! A way better price then buying up a MILLION of those little bags at Home Depot that cost around 2-5 dollars per bag and we would have needed like 20 of them! 


Then we filled up our new raised garden with almost the whole yard of top soil! Wow, it was like 3 feet of dirt! Looks so pretty!




And next I planted most of my flowers! Most of them are pansies, the little row or two in the back are the begonia's. I still have 3 containers left of the begonia's, that I think I will use to make some potted plants. Doesn't my garden look great! Kevin did such an awesome job making it! It took us literally from 10:30am to 4pm to get it all done, but it looks amazing if I do say so myself!

Just so you can see all the hard work we've done, here is a picture from right after we first moved in...


Notice the two big trees... we took both of those out! And that big massive bush totally blocking our cute little porch...


And here was last years attempt at a garden... I'd say that flower box was a great idea! Looks very nice and professional! 


And here is the view from the front! We will be working on planting grass up to our flower box to complete the whole look.

Laterz!

Comments

Popular Posts