Baby update

Well today I had my 17 week appointment... I was hoping to convince my doctor to do an ultrasound to check the gender, but turns out they don't even have the equipment to do it there! So I was a little bummed. But the rest of the appointment went well, I've gained a total of 9.5 pounds so far. Dr. says they want you to gain at least 10 pounds by 20 weeks and since I was below weight before I started she said I'm right on track! Yay! I was starting to get a little worried because it seemed like every week I was gaining another pound... but turns out thats normal. So all is good there! She also checked the heartbeat, sounds strong and steady! About 145-150 bpm. And then she measured my belly from pelvis to the tip of my uterus, which was 9 inches I believe. The top of my uterus is just about level with my belly button, which is why I am now starting to show more and more. Then my dr. gave me a referral to go see the ultrasound technician and I scheduled to find out what I'm having on May 4th, which is only 2 weeks from tomorrow! woot woot!  Can't wait!

In other pregnancy news... I've now developed dry mouth/throat! And it's just lovely... I describe it just like it sounds... a constant dry mouth and throat. Doesn't sound too bad right? Wrong! My mouth/throat gets so dry that I constantly have a dry cough. Super annoying when I don't have anything in my throat to cough up, and it engages my gag reflexes! I've had enough barf-fests thank you! So my remedy... suck on lots of hard candy so my mouth produces more saliva! My dr. said everything looks fine, I'm not dehydrated, don't have gestational diabetes or anything like that so I basically just have to deal with it. Oh fun, the morning sickness stopped, but now I have this to replace it! :)

Also new recently... with my 9.5 pound weight gain, I've had to loosen my belt two notches, but my pants all still fit! They're just now starting to get uncomfortable when I sit and my belly hangs over... kinda gross I know, sorry guys.

So here are some recent pictures at 17 weeks.



And if you can't tell I'm pregnant now, then I'm sorry but you're blind! :) And I mean that in the nicest way possible! Laterz!

Comments

  1. Hey you should dry some dry-mouth rinses. I'm pretty sure they have them at the drug store with all the dental stuff. I think we've got some samples at work, I'll grab one for you if we do. (they go pretty fast when patients know we have them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Emma! Thanks! I'm going to the dr. today to make sure it's not strep throat or anything. I'll be around your area on friday and sunday so maybe I can pick them up then!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts