Mommy-hood

Well I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole mommy thing... it's been a little while since I've blogged, but man Jaelyn sure keeps me busy! Things I've learned about Jaelyn in her 5 weeks of living:

1. She is NOT patient (don't know where she could have gotten that) :)
2. All she ever wants to do is EAT!
3. She ALWAYS wants to be included when everyone is around
4. She THINKS she's the boss
5. She's completely ADORABLE! 

She smiles and giggles in her sleep! Last night for the first time she was staring right at me and smiled at me on purpose! (it wasn't gas people) She is VERY active! The child doesn't know what it means to sit still! She is always wiggling. She can hold her head up really well! When she's on the floor for tummy time she digs her feet in the carpet and tries to move... she can't move yet, but she thinks she can, mostly she just pushes her butt in the air! She loves to be pushed in the stroller, go on car rides and listen to the water when I take a shower. These things always seem to calm her down. She's a stubborn child too she will not go to sleep unless she is swaddled really tight, but when she is swaddled she desperately tries to break her arms free so she doesn't have to go to sleep! She also is very impatient when it comes to eating... she doesn't give us a warning/courtesy cry, she just starts screaming and crying ridiculously loud! And then when we get the bottle to her she eats like she hasn't eaten in forever or she refuses to eat so she can continue to chew us out for taking too long! (She usually does this while half eating, she'll grunt and make noises at us) But even with all this we still LOVE her and think she's the cutest little girl ever!

Last week we had her 1 month check up! She weighed in at 8 lbs 11 oz, height 21.25 inches and head circumference 14. She's growing so fast! She's just about outgrown her newborn clothes and diapers! And she is getting a nice double chin and lots of rolls on her thighs! And the Dr. diagnosed her with having acid reflux!

From week 2 on, I knew something was going on with her. She would spit up almost all of what she was eating, her stomach constantly hurt her and was bloated, and had a hard time sleeping and just being content. My intuition told me it was acid reflux, so I went ahead and did some research. We tried her on 5 different formulas until we found the one that worked for her! And we've been giving her gas drops to help with the stomach pain. She is a much happier baby now! And I am happy to not be breast feeding! Bottle feeding is way easier and this formula is way better on her fragile stomach!

Here are some recent photo's to document her first month of life!



Jaelyn is a fan of snuggle time with Dad



Uncle Jon, and cousins Emma, and Tristan came for a visit


Jaelyn @ 1 month old


Jaelyn's first real bath!

Well life has defiantly been different and a change for us! No more nights of getting 8 full hours of sleep! No more getting my house clean and being productive! I spend most of my days just caring for her and being a mom! It's not the most glamorous life, but I love it! :) Laterz!

Comments

Popular Posts